- Passionate – “If you just work on stuff that you’re passionate about, you don’t have to have a master plan with how things will play out” says Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook. Successful entrepreneurs aren’t driven by money, they are passionate about their idea, by the opportunity to solve a problem and make a difference.
- Courageous – Starting a business and accepting the fact that you will have challenges on the way takes courage. It shouldn’t surprise you that being fearless is a trait shared among many successful entrepreneurs.
- Trustworthy – Building trust is paramount to the success of a business. Successful business owners know the value of building trust. They understand that people don’t invest in companies, they invest in people.
- Tenacious – Ever hear the expression the journey to success is a marathon not a sprint? “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success,” says Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter.
- Accountable – Being accountable starts when you assume responsibility for the outcome of your actions. Taking responsibility and being accountable for financial decisions you make or don’t make is the key to business success.
- Flexible – Be willing and prepared to wear many hats as an entrepreneur. You may need to jump into all aspects of your business. It’s all about being able to adapt, improvise and overcome any of the challenges you face as you grow your business.
- Confident – Entrepreneurs face doubt and fears throughout their entrepreneurial journey, not only from other people but also from themselves. It’s the successful entrepreneurs who have confidence when the going gets tough, and stick with it, that reach the highest level of success.
- Self-Disciplined – Being in business for yourself requires discipline since you’re the only one looking over your shoulder. They work hard and long hours and continue to strive to take their business to the next level.
- Decisive – You’ll need to develop a comfort-level with uncertainty at times. Successful entrepreneurs work at gathering as much information as possible, and then make a move. They don’t sit around being indecisive; they are decision makers and get things moving in a timely and efficient manner. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing” says Walt Disney, co-founder of the Walt Disney Company.
- Forward thinking – Entrepreneurs see things so much differently than most people do. Where people see problems, they see opportunities. The most successful entrepreneurs all started with a great idea but most importantly had the mindset and vision to see that idea through. They are thinkers, innovators and doers that blaze a trail. Entire industries have started from ideas that others once thought were crazy. Some of our country’s most successful entrepreneurs are the most ambitious and creative people.
7 Week Security Series
Subscribe to receive a 10 minute lesson each week on securing your technology – Hosted by Randy Burgoyne
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque